Equal Opportunity Employment
FMI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its employees. Therefore, FMI and all of its officers, managers and supervisors make all personnel-related decisions solely on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence. Such decisions are made without regard to an employee or applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other impermissible basis.
Currently Open Positions
CNC MACHINIST (click here for details)
Job Code: CNCM-101
FMI Aerostructures, a local manufacturing company with a leading position in the aerospace industry and an ideal workplace environment. We are searching for a talented and dynamic CNC Machinist to join our team.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to read manufacturing drawings and prints.
- Must have Set-up experience on 3 Axis CNC Mills (4 & 5 Axis).
- Must have G Code knowledge and ability to do basic set-up work.
- Familiar with basic mechanical inspection tools (i.e., calipers, micrometers, surface plates, etc).
- Must own hand and measuring tools.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years' experience.
FMI Aerostructures offers a competitive wage and an attractive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K savings plan, and Paid Time Off.firstname.lastname@example.org
PROGRAM & PRODUCTION CONTROL MANAGER (click here for details)
Job Code: PPCM-101
The individual will ensure that all program management schedules, costs, resources, risk mitigation, program/design changes, and overall program commitments meet the customers expectations.
- Responsible for plant operations within company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monthly and projection production goals.
- Manages the activities of production personnel including workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization to ensure that volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved.
- Establishes and coordinates the production schedules.
- Ensures the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between or within departments.
- Complete contract flow from contract inception, quote assistance, planning assistance, resource allocation through shipment of product.
- Shop scheduling, make/buy decisions and overall cost savings for the company.
- Responsible for on-time schedule and on budget to meet customer contractual schedule dates.
- Business professionalism required, maintain lead by example attitude.
- Positive direct customer interface and interaction.
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions, lead time, and price.
- Ensure adherence to contract requirements, statements of work, and on-time delivery performance with customers and active engagement with assigned program management.
- Ensure business engagements are financially sound and profitable.
- Responsible for weekly overtime requirements.
- P & L responsibility on assigned programs.
- Responsible for daily "Team Meetings" and AM "Shop Walks"
- 5 Years Aerospace manufacturing experience required.
- Program Manager, Project Manager or Production Control Manager experience in an aerospace environment.
- Possess the understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes including working knowledge of government contracts, airframes, machined parts, and assemblies.
- Thorough understanding of managing a program, utilizing EVMS methodologies and logic line resource schedule.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills required.
SYSTEMS ANALYST (click here for details)
Job Code: SA-101
The Systems Analyst will work closely with the management team who build a variety of solutions and will lead IT projects from inception through deployment and system support.
Solutions will include application development, integration of systems, custom and ad hoc reports, and a variety of other business applications. A mix of tools experience is preferred, such as SQL, Java, Perl, C#, DB2, MS SQL Server, etc.
- Complete and Manage projects through the complete Life Cycle requirements through implementation.
- Act as the project/technical lead on IT projects.
- Analyze ERP (JobBOSS) issues and troubleshoot problems.
- Find solutions to business issues using reports (e.g. Crystal Reports), custom applications, or other technologies.
- Develop display applications of ERP data on Shop Screens and mobile devices as required by Management team.
- Define and document complex business and technical requirements.
- Analyze requirements and issues to determine best approach to meet needs.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Partner with vendors, such as developers, and business team members.
- Share knowledge with coworkers.
- Take general direction from leadership.
- Identify Major support Incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation for the knowledge base.
- Document all system designs, architectures, and functional work instructions for users and IT support.
- Must possess 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Aerospace preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Able to manage priorities and do simple ROI and Cost Benefit analysis.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- 5 years experience in Systems Analysis, programming, and technology implementations.
- Expert knowledge in several programming languages.
- Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Ability to provide solutions for applications in shop and office.
- Strong understanding of Dashboards, Executive Systems and Reporting.
- Experience working in a Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment.
- Experience developing and maintaining NIST 800-171 Cybersecurity Compliant processes and technology.
- Knowledge of ITAR requirements.